E911 Available for US based Users

We have completed our integration for e911 for all users within the United States.

Please make sure to update your account with accurate information for e911 to be functional.

EDIT: You can setup your e911 now but calls to 911 aren’t functional until interop testing has been completed which should be very soon.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for letting me know. My info has been verified as accurate

1 Like

Nice! I should make it known that until I carry out the interoperability testing on Monday, actual 911 calls won’t work. They need the testing all completed before they will accept the calls.

1 Like

I would post it just to make sure that everyone knows the US 911 is not working yet.

1 Like

Good idea, updated the original post

1 Like

:+1: better to be on the safe side

1 Like

@aarons
I was hoping to see a post that let us know how the interoperability testing went today. Where you able to get them done?

1 Like

I thought the testing was scheduled for Monday but I was wrong. I contacted our vendor to see when we will do the testing.

The interop testing will be no problem, it just has to be completed.

1 Like

I edited your first post to reflect that the interop testing should be done very soon.

1 Like

Thanks! I had forgotten that Monday was mentioned there. Interop testing will be done at 4pm Eastern Wednesday

1 Like

Your welcome, that is why I am here, It’s part of my responsibility to help out, right?

1 Like

E911 Interop testing is complete and is functional for all users in the US who have created an E911 entry within their account.

1 Like

Also, you can test if your E911 is setup correctly by calling 933. It will be an automated recording which plays back your address which is registered for E911 calls.

It is fully automatic and safe to call to test.

1 Like

good news. thanks for passing the info on

1 Like

that is nice they have a number to check for correct setup. This is the first time I have even heard about the test number. Previously the only way I knew it was working is when I called 911 for a real call and they would ask if the address is correct.

1 Like

There is one minor issue with the 933 test number though. For anyone who their E911 setup on a different call display than what they have set to show for the phone they are using (either account wide call display or a per-user call display), the 933 will give results based on their own call display. Only actual calls to 911 will force the call display to be your Emergency call display number.

This only applies to users with multiple phone numbers, and dialing out without using their main number/E911 registered number.

If you still wish to test, you can just temporarily set your call display to your E911 setup number, by removing personalized call display on your user, and setting your company main number to the same number as E911 is setup on.

1 Like