Need feedback on what guides to create

What how-to guides would be most useful to you? We will be creating some how-to guides very soon, any feedback on what is most important will help direct us to which guides to prioritize.

Thanks!

As you mentioned in the other thread, I think a getting started guide would be a good start for new users. Maybe the steps or sequence they should follow to get things set-up and running. Then another guide could be about customizing it, adding users, changing message and verbal prompts etc.

1 Like

Agreed, a basic “getting started with your account” guide would be most useful at first.

Something that covers navigating SmartPBX, adding a user, adding a device, and configuring the main number would be a good start I think.

I’ll look into making a video in addition to a text guide.

1 Like

For some strange reason, I get this suspicion that they will be posted here when I log back in tomorrow morning. The video in addition to the text guide will be real helpful for the new users. Have a good evening.

Not a bad assumption, but really deep in backend code in terms of the onboard process and saving / updating payment method.

Worst case, it will exist tomorrow! Have a good night and thanks again for all the feedback–it is very helpful

Edit: Onboarding process should work smoothly for everyone unless they are using Safari 14. It has been thoroughly tested in Chrome, and issues have been reported from Safari users.

Working on a basic text guide “First things to do with your PBX”, I will send out a mass e-mail to all registered users once it is done.

Initial account setup and getting start guide created. Needs some work, but the information is there with screenshots!

https://pbxhq.com/support/first

1 Like

Thanks for the work you put into the guide. I went thru the complete guide and I was surprised with the amount of information that was provided. It covered everything I could imagine to include adding on other apps. I will have to admit, I did learn about the threshold setting and the auto recharge from the guide. I had already been to the apps store and had added some apps last night before you wrote the guide. I do have a question, but it is not about the guide, so I will present it in another topic. I had no problem with the guide, so I only have positive feedback. I am really impressed with how much can be done with this pbx and how you managed to beat the competition’s price by such a high percentage. Although this is a recently started business, it appears to be more professional with great support that puts the competition to shame.

1 Like

@MasterHawk Thanks, really appreciate the kind words!

There is a lot of work being done behind the scenes to automate as much of our processes as possible. This is to allow us to offer the prices that we do, because of very low overhead. Give it a few more weeks, and months for our support center to be fully built out, and for us to expand our offerings in terms of additional plans, global coverage, and a much more polished user experience.

This is just the very beginning, where certain aspects were rushed to have a minimum viable product. There is A LOT more coming soon!

1 Like

I’ll be waiting and watching

1 Like

Whole bunch of feature pages were added:

https://pbxhq.com/features

All the features on the right

1 Like

oh boy, time to have some fun

1 Like

Someone has been rather busy. Nice to see those feature pages that were added

1 Like

Any chance we can get the voice menu setup guide going? I need to learn as much as I can about this system specifically so I can be as helpful as possible.

1 Like

100%! Its really important, I’ll get it done soon with some solid examples from basic to complex

1 Like

I am going to create quite a bit of content for the voice menu / callflows sections. It will serve a few purposes, for the Features section, and also for Support, as well as all coming together in a guide. Maybe I will even do a video tutorial.

It needs to show how simple it is to create a voice menu, but also show how powerful it is in the flexibility when that flexibility is needed. It isn’t easy to demonstrate all of that without being confusing, and without just having a big wall of text.

Probably some nice images (screenshots), a few different pages with examples, and a video would accomplish everything

1 Like

what about explaining and then showing a simple one and then explain about the process involved and then show how to do a complex one? Then a user can choose which direction they want to go

Yes I think that would work. Showing how to use SmartPBX to its full capacity as the simple example, then a more complex setup within Callflows app with a few practical examples

1 Like