Upload file size limit

I noticed that the music on hold upload is limited to 5 mb. I was wondering if there is a way to allow an account upgrade to increase the max file upload size to 10 mb? If it is a hassle to do or if it would create problems, then don’t worry about it at this time.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn’t get notified of the post for some reason. I’ll look into changing the max file size now, 10mb won’t be a problem

1 Like

Where did you see the 5mb limit? It must be a client side verification if you are limited to 5mb as in our backend the limit is 8mb.

5mb or 8mb, either should be good enough for most “telephone” quality recordings, as you don’t need super high fidelity even for higher quality g722 HD audio codecs. Maybe try an online converter tool like this: https://www.onlineconverter.com/compress-mp3

That should help get the file size down a bit, likely without any noticeable difference in audio quality on the phone.

Aaron

1 Like

I tried to upload an mp3 that happened to be 6 mb and after I selected the file and pressed upload, a message popped up stating the max upload size is 5 mb. The online converter tool is a good suggestion and I’ll get the file size down one way or another. Thanks for trying to increase the limit.

Tom

I don’t have a file handy to try it myself, but if you only tried in SmartPBX, maybe give it a try in the Callflows app. As I said, our backend allows 8mb, so possibly in Callflows you can upload the 6mb file.

The media you upload will be accessible the exact same way, its just a different and more advanced interface over at Callflows. Worth a shot. For sure it would work direct via API, but that is getting too complicated just to upload a media file (for most).

1 Like

Okay, I will give the upload a try again in the morning and will use Callflows. It really is not a big problem. I have plenty of other mp3’s 5 mb and less that I can upload for music on hold. I’ll let you know the results with Callflows tomorrow.

Tom

Sounds good! And if that doesn’t work, email it to me and I can upload to your account via the API. it would take me 30 seconds tops to do, and I really don’t mind doing it for you.

1 Like

And in fact if many will want to upload larger files it is a quick config change to increase backend to allow over 8mb and equally easy to change the UI to also allow it. If it comes up again I’ll swap it to 10 or 15mb

1 Like

I just tried with callflows and this is the result

Popup Window with message
Info
You can not upload a file with a size exceeding 5MB
Close

Still nothing to worry about. If it is something that others want also, then you might consider making the config change to increase to 10MB

Could you e-mail me the file? Now I am almost possible this is a limitation in our user interface configuration, as our backend API which the UI interacts with clearly has the limit set at 8mb-- Just out of my own curiously I want to see what happens if I upload direct via API.

Actually just writing that out, I realized the instance we have running the user interface portal may have post limit sizes set. Not sure how I didn’t think of that earlier, going to check that quick right now.

1 Like

I emailed the file just a moment ago so you should get it quickly

Tom

1 Like

Sorry for the delay @MasterHawk, but I got the file uploaded for you

@aarons
No problem, I appreciate you taking the time to upload it for me. Now I’ll go and work on setting it up in music on hold.Using information you posted in [Music on Hold? and or Call queue?]

1 Like

It works like a charm once it has actually been uploaded. So it is just a limitation on users

1 Like

I knew it would :smiley:

1 Like